Friday, March 11, 2011

Three Little Words

Quickly, and without much thought, write 15 starts to sentences using only 3 words. These are beginnings of a sentence that you may later use to start a story, poem, letter or whatever you like to write.

Examples:

On Tuesday Morning ...
My life exploded ...
She whispered nothing ...
When I was ...

This is a jumpstart exercise that will give you a source of "ideas" that you can use to springboard your writing into something else. These are great to keep in a journal that you can open when you feel like writing and need a little nudge.

1 comment:

  1. 1. When she finally...
    2. Somehow we lost...
    3. Going off the...
    4. Tell me again...
    5. Simply stated, I...
    6. Ghosts almost never...
    7. With my best...
    8. The first moment...
    9. The color green...
    10. When will I...
    11. Joining a movement...
    12. Like a dancer...
    13. Find your way...
    14. Help is only...
    15. Let it be...

    ReplyDelete